I always start any soup recipe variation with a few basic ingredients:
- One stalk of celery
- One clove of garlic
- A quarter of an onion (I like red onion)
- One cube of Vegetable Bouillon
Then you can add any other vegetable as the “STAR”.
What makes it a CREAM Soup is throwing in a handful of Cashews!!!!
When using butternut squash, broccoli, cauliflower or asparagus I always lightly steam them first to extract the best flavor!
So…for this recipe I start with my basics:
- 1 stalk of celery
- 1 clove of garlic (at least one!)
- a quarter of an onion (I like red onion)
- 1 cube of Vegetable Bouillon
- a small handful of Cashews (or not! If you don’t want a “creamy” soup, just leave this ingredient out)
The “STAR” of this recipe is the lightly-steamed broccoli!
- 3 cups broccoli with the stems! No waste here
- ½ scoop of protein powder (two tablespoons) I use the Whole Nectar Soy or you can use a slice of tofu
- 3 cups hot liquid using a combination of broth and the water you steamed the broccoli in! (hint: the container should look half full of liquid while the veggies are in it)
- a few sprigs of cilantro or parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- Finally, add any additional spices you may like
- Start the machine on a Variable Speed 1, increase to 10.
- Turn it on HIGH and blend for 5 to 7 minutes. The colder the water you use, the longer you will have to spin it on high to get it nice and hot.
- When you have the desired temperature, lower the speed back down to a variable Speed 1
- Add any cooked ingredients for texture, that you may desire. Cooked rice, chunks of baked potato, leftover chicken. Have fun with it…make it your own.