These recipes are for babies age 6 months and older and are intended as suggestions only. Consult your child’s pediatrician for specific nutritional requirements.
- Bananas, peeled
- Peaches, peeled
- Avocado, peeled, pitted
- Papaya, peeled, seeded
- Mango, peeled, pitted
2 c. steamed (fresh or frozen) or canned*:
- Sweet potatoes, peeled
- Squash, peeled, seeded
- Green Beans
*Rinse canned vegetables thoroughly before blending to reduce sodium content.
2 c. boneless cubed cooked meat:
- Choose one or more items from the list of sample ingredients and prepare accordingly. Place into the Vitamix container along with ¼ c. water, formula or breast mild and secure lid.
- Select Variable
- Turn machine on and quickly increase to Variable 4. Increase speed, as needed depending on ingredients used to achieve the desired consistency.
- Blend for 20-30 seconds. If mixture is too thick, remove the lid plug and add additional water, formula or breast milk a ¼ cup at a time through the lid plug opening. Continue blending to achieve desired consistency.
- Serve immediately or freeze excess baby food in ice cube trays.
- When making batches of baby food for freezing, only use freshly expressed breast milk-never use frozen breast milk that has been thawed.